Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Weekend at home

Friday after class I decided I was going to go home for the weekend. I left the parking lot at about noon so the traffic in Lincoln was pretty bad because everybody was on their lunch break. Once I got on the interstate I headed west for my home town of Aurora. After about an hour I arrived at my destination. Once I got into town I went to my mom’s and started some laundry. After a while I got bored of sitting around so I went to one of my buddies’ houses and hung out with him for a while. We met up with a few other guys and decided we were going to road trip to York to watch the Aurora-York football game. The trip wasn’t very long, but it was fun and gave me a chance to catch up with some guys I hadn’t talked to for a while. The game was kind of boring, and was tied 7-7 at half time. In the third quarter the Huskies of Aurora broke it open. At the end of the third it was 21-7 huskies. In the fourth both teams scored once to put the final tally at 28-14. The Huskies are now only one win away from making the playoffs. When we arrived back home, a bunch oh people just got together and hung out for a while. I left early because my mom had gotten two skybox tickets for the Husker game the next day and I had to get up early. My step-dad couldn’t make it to the game with my mom because he had to do some stuff for work so she invited me to go. Of coarse I would go! It’s not very often you get sky box seats at the Husker game! We left Aurora at about 9:00 and arrived in Lincoln at about 10:00. Once parked, we headed to the pre-game tailgate party my mom’s work was having. There were all kinds of free food and drinks, and however much you wanted. Once it got closer to game time we headed up to the skybox. It was pretty exciting getting to sit clear up there and have such a good view. The game kind of sucked because we lost… bad. Overall it was a fun experience getting to hang with my mom though.


When we got back into town I had to head out to the farm and help my grandpa harvest. He was in the semi, my cousin Tyler in the combine, and me and my brother chase in the grain carts. It went pretty smoothly and it was good to have us three be able to help. Harvest has been going a little rough with all the rain not allowing the farmers to get out and pick. We finished kind of late that night, and then we were rained out Sunday. So Sunday was kind of a lazy day for the family and I had to head back Sunday afternoon because I had meetings for football at 8:00 Sunday night. Then Monday started the week all over again…

No comments: