Sunday, October 21, 2007

Flood

Several families from the secluded Cardwell Woods subdivision are suing the city of Lincoln because they were sold building permits to build in a flood plain. If the families are awarded what they are wanting the costs will be well over one million dollars. Most of the houses in this subdivision are valued at over five hundred thousand dollars. The families were very upset with what has happened, and they have reason to be. I don’t think anybody that spends five hundred thousand dollars on a house would be very happy to find out that they were misled and had built their new house in a flood plain. I know I would be a little more than just unhappy, I would be extremely pissed off!

When the city was accused of misleading the families in the Cardwell Woods subdivision, sources say that the city’s flood plain map had been misplaced or lost. I think something with this much importance would more than likely be watched over pretty well but I guess they must think people’s houses being flooded isn’t very important. If I were one of the families or house owners out in the Cardwell Woods subdivision I know I would be suing for even more than my house is worth. It would be a pain in the ass to have built your house and started your family only to have your house trashed and ruined by a flood because people from the city are evidently to dumb to be able to keep track of a flood plain map and because I would have to pack up and move not only myself but my family as well I would make sure I get as much as I can. That much hassle would be worth getting more than they are probably wanting to give you.

No comments: